So, my greatest "weakness" in my christian walk is that i have a very difficult time reminding myself to read and love the Lord's word. Part of what made this weekend so great was that Susie gave us tips on how to develop a way to study the bible every day. She told us that if we have trouble in that area, we need to commit to reading about a minute every day. The minute will soon grow to five, then ten, then more, as we develop a love for his word. This morning i began my commitment, and read a chapter of of colossians. I felt more awake and alive than i normally do in the mornings. When i walked into math class, one of my friends said, "Meghan you look like you are in a really good mood this morning." I replied, " I do? The only reason i can think of is that I read my bible this morning."
My good spirits continued throughout the day, and it was one of the best i have had in a long time. Praise the Lord for the happiness found in reading His Word!
Middle Kids Trip
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment